Shocks & Strut Replacement in Toronto.
Suspension checks revolve around the “3 S check rule” or some people call it the “safety triangle inspection”.
Most critical chassis components do wear out over the course of
normal wear and tear and shocks or struts can become “flat” or “sink” or start leaking oil. The rate of wear depends on factors such as road conditions i.e. potholes or bad roads, your personal driving style (i.e. slow down and watch where you are going and avoid bad roads) and vehicle load (number of passengers etc.) and obviously how much you drive ! Generally however, shocks and struts wear gradually so you may not notice it until the driving is more bumpy and uncomfortable or if your tires are wearing out prematurely!
Shocks & Struts affect your drivability as follows:
Steering: Worn shocks and struts can allow excessive body roll when turning, which affects the vehicles ability to safely steer around objects in the road.
Stopping: Worn shocks and struts can allow too much weight transfer to the front wheels during braking, which could result in a measurable increase in stopping distance.
Stability” Worn shocks and struts can allow excessive roll, sway and bounce while the vehicle is in motion, which reduces the driver’s control.
What are the symptoms of bad shocks or struts ?
- Passenger Comfort – ride feels bumpy and uncomfortable as if you are driving on a country dirt road even when you are driving on a regular paved road.
- Uneven tire wear or bumpy tire wear where your tires feel choppy if you run your hand over the tire tread pattern.
- Wheel Alignment is off, cars can veer to the left or right if one shock or strut is “dead” and the other is not.
- Brake Life – Stopping with “dead” shocks or struts” is harder on the brakes due to limited manoeuvrability.
- Affecting Other Chassis Parts:Shocks or Struts that are bad and not replaced can cause damage to other chassis components costing more money in the long run.
BE SMART. ASK BEST DEALS AUTO FOR A SUSPENSION CHECK TODAY. CALL 416-745-9700 OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.BESTDEALSAUTO.CA AND REQUEST A SERVICE APPT. ONLINE AT